Re: [Exim] More ORBZ and Mail Woes

Autor: Aly S.P Dharshi
A: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim-users, savoy
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] More ORBZ and Mail Woes
Wash and All,

> wash@ns2 ('tty') ~ 75 -> telnet relay1.uleth.ca 25
> Trying 142.66.3.50...
> Connected to relay1.uleth.ca.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 relay1.uleth.ca ESMTP Exim 3.33 #1 Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:36:16 -0700
> helo ns2
> 250 relay1.uleth.ca Hello mail.wananchi.com [62.8.64.4]
> mail from: <wash@???>
> 250 <wash@???> is syntactically correct
> rcpt to: <pipind@???>
> 550 relaying to <pipind@???> prohibited by administrator
> quit
> 221 relay1.uleth.ca closing connection
> Connection closed by foreign host.

    Yes that is fine we are okay with that, but every time we try to get our
pervious machine relay.uleth.ca clear of the ORBZ list we are getting at
test message of the form relay%orbz.org@??? and for some reason
relay.uleth.ca seems to accept this mail you have seen a copy of our
configure file, it is only a while before relay1.uleth.ca will be a victim
as it has a similar configuration. We want to re-use that IP for some other
mail stuff and wish to clear it so that we have no surprises when we use
that again. We have a crappy Netscape v 3.6 (soon to go and become an Exim
system) and my boss tells me that he has tried to get ORBZ to unblacklist
this machine but everytime they send a test it seems to go thru' and causes
our crappy Nestscape server to be listed as an output relay.

> NOTE: You seem to have ignored the advise from Suresh regarding those orbz

thingies..

sender_reject=gaprapid@???:lenalee13@???:cdforfree.com:n
> | etworkpromotion.com:travelocity.com
>

> sender_reject = partial-lsearch;/path/to/some/file , even??

    Yes its just when my chief gets sometime he will put it into a db file,
we have a few blocked at the moment, but yes as soon as he gets the time he
will make a perps.db file.

> | rbl_domains = inputs.orbz.org/warn:outputs.orbz.org/warn
> | rbl_warn_header = true
> | rbl_log_headers = true
> | rbl_log_rcpt_count
> | recipients_reject_except = postmaster@???
>

> That part - you may wish to look at what Suresh said.

    The only difference is we are using the service at ORBZ and not ORBS,
ORBZ is very much alive and kicking. See http://www.orbz.org/

    Cheers,

    - Aly -