Re: [Exim] Authentication to send, but not receive

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Christopher Curtis
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Authentication to send, but not receive
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:

> mailers cannot send mail in because exim tells them to authenticate. I
> think that's the state I'm in now; here are my [relevant?] settings:
>
> tls_advertise_hosts = *
> tls_verify_hosts = *
> auth_hosts = *

auth_hosts                     Type: host list
Default: unset

    Any hosts in this list that connect to an Exim server as clients are
    required to authenticate themselves using the SMTP AUTH command before any
    ^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^
    commands other than HELO, EHLO, HELP, AUTH, NOOP, RSET, or QUIT are
    accepted. See chapter 35 for details of SMTP authentication.

i'm quite positive this is not what you intended.

--
[-]