Re: [Exim] keeping tabs on lists

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John W Baxter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] keeping tabs on lists
[Resend. First attempt failed oddly at exim.org...and now we know why.]

At 9:02 +0100 10/26/2001, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:
>
>> Ideally I would like to just do the equivalent of "touch
>>/dirxx/listname" every
>> time a list is used. Then a simple "ls -lt /dirxx/" to get a list of
>>the names
>> of the lists in the order of oldest-used-first.
>>
>> Any ideas on a tidy way of doing this?
>
>I see the other responses, which are probably the right way. But to
>answer the specific technical question:
>
>Add |/some/script as a member of the list; arrange that such
>deliveries go to a script that does the touching. Or if you don't want
>to have a pipe actually in the list, put an pseudo-address in the list
>and route that to a pipe.

Having proposed (not without incident), ls -ltu, I awoke wondering whether
backup procedures would adjust the access date. I checked this morning,
and ours leaves the access time alone.

However, a simple grep for a given address does touch the access time (on
our system, and as I expected). So the access time seems too
unreliable...I think Philip's suggestion--or some variation--would be the
way to go.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA