Re: [Exim] Exim 4 feature request

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Jetmore
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 feature request
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> 2. Or do you mean "if MX exists for a domain, and points to one of
> these hosts"? Have you spotted hosts_treat_as_local"?

I meant this one. I did look at hosts_treat_as_local, and tried it, and
decided that it didn't work the way I thought it should. After receiving
this message, I retried it and it still didn't work. Then I read the
spec.txt listing for it again (couldn't find it quickly in the book...)
and realized I was probably using it incorrectly. I tried at least three
combinations of relaying-related options, but I didn't try the right one,
which was having hosts_treat_as_local _and_ relay_domains_include_local_mx
both set at the same time. Not sure if I was being overly colored by how
smail does it or just being stupid, but the end result was the same.

Now for another question. spec.txt lists several times when
hosts_treat_as_local has an affect, and I'm not familiar enough with all
stages of exim's processing to know exactly what they mean. Will having
hosts_treat_as_local set to the names of our mailbaggers affect things
"at other times when it is checking whether a host to which a message has
been routed is the local host."

If there are other affects of setting this option other than the one I
want, I may still be better off w/ the patch. Can you help me understand
what those other affects might be, if any?

> Actually, I'm being lazy, aren't I? If I read the patch I guess I can
> figure it out. Will do so tomorrow.

Don't bother =)

Thanks for answering my mail

--John