Re: [Exim] Exim 4 feature request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Jetmore
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 feature request
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, John Jetmore wrote:

> The feature is this. I need to be able to specify domain names which, if
> used for an MX record on an arbitrary domain, allow said domain to be
> relayed through my server.

1. Do you mean "if any MX exists for this domain, it doesn't matter
where it points, all it through"? Have you spotted the dnsdb lookup
type?

2. Or do you mean "if MX exists for a domain, and points to one of
these hosts"? Have you spotted hosts_treat_as_local"?

> I've sent a couple of emails through describing this functionality, and
> I've reincluded the diffs here which describe the functionality best. If
> you have any questions or I need to justify my desire for this more,
> please let me know =).

I won't be looking at them, I'm afraid, because all the relaying etc.
functionality is completely changed for Exim 4. I *think* you can do
what you want in Exim 4, but until I'm clear whether it is (1) or (2) I
can't be sure.

Actually, I'm being lazy, aren't I? If I read the patch I guess I can
figure it out. Will do so tomorrow.

Philip