Re: [Exim] bug in foranyaddress, Exim 3.33?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave C.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Markus Stoll
Υ/ο: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: [Exim] 'make install' options
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] bug in foranyaddress, Exim 3.33?
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Markus Stoll wrote:

> >> netscape (even the latest release) creates illegal To: headers,
> containing
> >> a unquoted special characters, e.g.:
> > To: 12345: my name <my_name@???>
>
> >That is indeed illegal, but are you sure it isn't actually
> >To: 12345: my name <my_name@???>;
> >Note the final semicolon. That syntax is legal. It's "group syntax".
>
> I am aware for the group syntax. But there was no ";". You can generate
> such illegal addresses yourself using netscape (at least with the german
> versions) by entering a real name part that contains a dot. Other
> software (like outlook) would encode ths correctly quoted printable.
>
> Netscape does encode german umlauts correct omitting the special character
> ":".
> I created the following header line just using netscape 6.1:
>
> To: 02121: Markus Stoll <markus.stoll@???>,12345:
>     =?ISO-8859-1?Q?B=FCro?= ABC <abc@???>

> > [parsing group syntax in foranyaddress...]
> > I will put this on a wish list.
> well, this was not my point. My point is that some mailer generate
> illegal header lines which confuses foranyaddress in system filters.

The entire point of the RFCs is to make some stab of attempt at letting
different systems interoperate - in order for that to work each system
needs to try and adhere to the RFCs - when they dont... Well, the system
breaks.

Its like if you decided to rearrange the meanings off a few words in
english, and then try to speak to someone else using you new words.
They'd have no idea what you were saying - and it would be your fault,
not theirs.