[Exim] Re: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1551 - 14 msgs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andy Peters
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1551 - 14 msgs
10/21/01 3:51:08 PM, exim-users-request@??? wrote:
>Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:05:39 -0600 (MDT)
>From: <dan@???>
>To: Christopher Curtis <ccurtis@???>
>cc: Andrew Mouawad <andrew@???>, <exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Static Ip Help (newbie)
>
>On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Andrew Mouawad wrote:
>>
>> > This is my first email to the list.
>> > I require some help with my exim setup. I need to allow a range of IP's
>> > outside of my current IP address to be allowed to send emails with out
>> > getting a 550 error. I know this is probably a quick fix but I cannot for
>> > the life of me remember how to do it.
>>
>> This is a big RTFM (and a fine manual it is!).
>>
>> >From my config file:
>>
>> # The setting below allows your host to be used as a mail relay only by
>> # localhost: it locks out the use of your host as a mail relay by any
>> # other host. See the section of the manual entitled "Control of relaying"
>> # for more info.
>>
>> host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : ::::1
>

>While agree this is a RTM issue, there are nicer ways to point that out.
>Christopher, it would not hurt for you to come across a little softer next
>time :>

Yes -- we don't want this list to turn into the flame-fest that is the qmail list!

-andy

[running Exim and vm-pop3d and mailman on a RH 7.1 box]

[tho' this account doesn't go through that setup]

Andy Peters
Digital Hardware Design
Live Sound Engineering
3729 W Cromwell Dr
Tucson, AZ 85741
cell: 520-907-2262
home: 520-570-6234 (cell is preferred)
fax: 520-744-6918 (e-mail is preferred!)
andy@???