RE: [Exim] Exim using secondary mx despite primary being ava…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Ross
Para: 'Sheldon Hearn'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim using secondary mx despite primary being availabl e
-----Original Message-----
From: Sheldon Hearn [mailto:sheldonh@starjuice.net]
Sent: 19 October 2001 13:10
To: Philip Ross
Cc: 'exim-users@???'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim using secondary mx despite primary being
available

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:58:38 +0100, Philip Ross wrote:
>
> > From that point on, all mail destined for that domain was sent to the mx

10
> > backup despite the main mx 0 server having been restarted and accepting
> > mail.
>
> But it's only been a day. What does exinext tell you about the host?
> If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the section on "Individual
> retry times" in the documentation.

exinext doesn't give me any information because all the mail got
successfully delivered. The problem isn't that messages are failing to be
delivered, just that after the failure of the primary mx, all new messages
being received were being sent straight to the secondary mx without trying
the primary first. After an forced failure of the secondary mx (by adding a
firewall rule), exim started trying the primary mx first.

Phil