Re: [Exim] Memory issues with pgsql interface

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Gavin Sherry
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Memory issues with pgsql interface
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I decided to run a mailing list of about 7000 people out of postgres with
> Exim. I was quite surprised when queue runners were picking up the message
> and using memory like this:
>
> exim       566  8.6  6.5 289996 33820 ?      S    10:49   0:27 /usr/exim/bin/exim -qq

> Has anyone come across this kind of thing when using the pgsql interface?

I suspect that pgsql hasn't really got anything to do with it. Have you
set split_spool_directory? If not, you might like to try that. See a
recent thread with comments from Sheldon Hearn on this kind of
application. Exim queue runners read the entire list of messages into
memory at the start, per spool directory. That might explain the memory
use.

As I keep saying, I designed Exim for environments where queues are not
very large.