Re: [Exim] lokal user with uppercase-logins wont be delivere…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] lokal user with uppercase-logins wont be delivered
At 10:47 +0200 10/17/2001, Frank Tiemann wrote:
>im wondering about exim, he doesnt deliver right (or i made a mistake :)
>if i create a lokal user, which has upper-case letters in his login (like
>"MrBig"), exim wont deliver any mails for him (i tried "mrbig@localhost"
>and "MrBig@localhost").
>a mail to an other user, who has only lower-case letters in his login (like
>"smith") is deliverd correct, even i wrote the to-part in upper-case (i
>tried "SMITH@localhost")
>

>so, what im doing wrong?

The flag setting
locally_caseless = false
(main part of the configuration) should help in your situation (I've never
had reason to try it).

Because your situation is unusual, the flag is true by default, and local
parts are forced to lower case internally.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA