[Exim] Recipient Verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ollie Cook
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Recipient Verification
Hi,

I have a question regarding recipient verification.

The pertinent parts of the configuration are:

GENERAL:
--------

REWRITE_DOMAIN = freeuk.com
REGEXP = (freeuk.com|freeuk.co.uk|....)
DIALUP_USERS = SELECT login FROM clarapw.clarapw WHERE login='${quote_mysql:$local_part}'
mysql_servers = "...."
receiver_verify

ROUTERS:
--------

  visp_wild:
    driver = smartuser
    new_address = ${if match{$domain}{^(.+)\\.REGEXP}{$1@REWRITE_DOMAIN}fail}

  dialup_customers:
    driver = smartuser
    transport = claradeliver_delivery
    local_parts = mysql;DIALUP_USERS

So, trying it:

  exim -bv localpart@???
    nosuchuser@??? failed to verify:
    unknown local-part "nosuchuser" in domain "freeuk.com"

So far, so good; it new_address'ed the original
recipient, and then looked up the resulting local_part
in the MySQL database - and didn't find it.

If I do it from a telnet session, though:

220 buckaroo.freeuk.net ESMTP Exim 3.33 #1 Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:24:00 +0100
HELO mutare.noc.clara.net
250 buckaroo.freeuk.net Hello mutare.noc.clara.net [195.8.70.94]
MAIL FROM:<ollie@???>
250 <ollie@???> is syntactically correct
RCPT TO:<localpart@???>
550 Unknown local part localpart in <localpart@???>

The 550 message in this case is a little confusing; I would have though
Exim would have said something like:

550 Unknown local part nosuchuser in <nosuchuser@???>

as if it had passed through the same logic as -bv (above).

Accoring to the manual entry for -bv:

This is the same logic that is used when verifying addresses
of incoming messages (see chapter 45).

And in chapter 25:

Some installations prefer to check receiver addresses as they are
received. If the receiver_verify option is set, the same code that
is used by the -bv option is used to check incoming addresses from
remote hosts that match receiver_verify_hosts, whose default setting
is to match all hosts. Verification consists of running the directors
and routers in verify mode.

So, it would seem from an operational point of view, Exim is doing what
I think it ought to be doing - it's just that the error message threw
me a bit.

Philip, would it be simple to fix-up the 550 message that Exim returns,
in this situation, or shall I just wait for Exim 4 and modify the code
to just say "No such user here" in the interim?

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065