Re: OT: [Exim] Anti-virus

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: mit
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: OT: [Exim] Anti-virus
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 mit@??? wrote:

> Any suggestions to install Anti-virus that works fine with EXIM, amavis or
> exiscan and which virus engine is available for free.

I've been using exim + amavis (Sophos/NAS) on two redundant hosts without
a single problem. Ask if you need a config example/scripts.

And really, I don't want to start a Jihad about "free" software or
commercial software. My point is the following: the vast majority of
damage through virus-/worm-/whatever-infected messages is done within
the first 24h after the malicious code starts to spread.

So any solution you implement that doesn't rely on automatically updated
commercial solutions is imho 90% useless and a waste of resources.

hth,
Volker

--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"