Re: [Exim] root commands

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Joseph Kezar
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] root commands

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:12:19 EST, Joseph Kezar wrote:

> I need to send an email to root@??? and have Exim
> run this delivery ass root and execute the command /usr/bin/procmail as
> root.

It would be much safer to deliver to an unpriveleged user with
appropriate permission (possibly group permission) to excute a setuid
root script. Have procmail deliver to said script, which could be a
simple shell script.

> I am getting this error message when I try to send it to root.
> Root's .procmailrc file is perfectly in tact and has worked in the past
> under other MTUs.

CLUE: The Exim FAQ mentions that your .procmailrc script can NOT assume
that the pipe delivery takes place in a shell context.

Ciao,
Sheldon.