[Exim] trouble shoot setup exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Goh
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] trouble shoot setup exim
Hello everyone,

I am new to exim, and just wondering if i am on the right path with the
configuration of exim.

firstly, i am runnning 3.32 and cucipop 1.31

the config is as standard as they come except for two adjustments....ie
details pertaining to my network and the following

virtual:
driver = aliasfile
domains = partial2-lsearch;/etc/exim/clients/domains
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/exim/clients/$domain_data
search_type = lsearch*

the /etc/exim/clients/ directory contains the file called 'domains' ,
which contains

*.domain1.com: domain1.com
*.domain2.com: domain2.com
...etc

the other files which are also in that directory are files called
'domain1.com', 'domain2.com' themselves ....etc etc...

eg of their contents would be

(domain1.com)
admin root
itsme user1
notme user2

(domain2.com)
admin root
hellothere user3
ynot user4

and as i understand it. the way to read those files will be

main to admin@??? goes to root
main to itsme@??? goes to user1
main to notme@??? goes to user2
main to admin@??? goes to root
main to hellothere@??? goes to user3
main to ynot@??? goes to user4

note - i have also checked dns entries and made sure they point to the right
machine.

now...the problem i am actually having is getting mail delivered. eg i sent
a test mail to itsme@??? from a hotmail (and some other external)
account and it never arrives.

i have kept an eye on syslogs and mainlogs or any other log files that might
give me a hint as to where i am going wrong. but no luck there. and even the
/var/mail does not contain any files for user1. although i can pop in
properly without any errors.

i am kinda stuck as to why this might not be working. and would appreciate
any suggestions as to what else to look out for as indicators of error OR
whether i am heading in the right direction.

thanks in advance for all your help..

best regards

chris g