Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the firs…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Steven Hanley
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)
On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 01:04:11PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> > I also use SMTP AUth using cram_md5 so it is encrypted on the wire. This is
> > something no other users use on any of the machines I have it set up on, I
> > want it so I dont have to do a pop request or anything else to get the relay
> > ip into the file.
>
> host_auth_accept_relay = *
>
> This tells exim to permit relay for any host which has done a successful
> auth, regardless of what is in host_accept_relay

yes i know about this, I am using this on the vvarious servers, however people
who use windows or macos with various clients who do use the servers as their
smtp servers cant do an md5 auth, or even a plaintext auth from what I could see
in many clients so I have to have some other mechanism set up for them. I
personally use the SMTP Auth as I said as it makes my life easier, this
includes the line you suggested above.

         See You
             Steve

--