Re: [Exim] sender verification warning added to message head…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. G8TIC
To: Rick Byers, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] sender verification warning added to message headers?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Byers" <rb-exim@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 2:26 PM

> Hi,
> To cut down on spam, I've been using sender_verify and
> sender_verify_callback (my server has light load). However, instead of
> rejecting messages that fail verification, I'd prefer to just flag them as
> probably spam and have my procmail filters deal with it like all other
> spam. Is there any way to make exim add a message header (similar to
> X-Bad-ReturnPath) if sender verification fails? I've tried setting
> sender_verify_reject = false, but that doesn't appear to modify the
> message - just log warnings to the log files.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

This sounds like an interesting idea. Perhaps Exim could have a generic
header which it adds for a range of verification errors, for example:

and the 'reason/description' could be things like "bad sender address",
"failed sender_verify_callback reason=nnn", "fixed up sender from
Reply-To address" etc.

Then we could choose how to treat 'suspicious' emails for which
some part(s) of the envelope or headers were broken. I would, for
example, use a check on the headers from within my .forward filter
to deliver the suspicious email to a "probably spam" folder in my
Imap account.

Mike