Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the firs…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steven Hanley
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)
On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 01:18:59PM +0200, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 08:53:12PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:
> [...]
> > No, exim reads files such as this or the aliases file live each time it looks
> > at them. I have this sort of setup ona few hosts, all I did was add some code
> > to the pop daemon so that when there is a suuccessful authentication it writes
> > to a file in /etc, then in exim I have
> Hmmmm, I'm a little bit curious...
> How do you remove hosts which timed out? At least for that action I would
> suppose you need some additional daemon?

in my crontab for root

*/10 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/relay_allow

so every 10 minutes that is run, this is a perl program I wrote, it removes
the entries from the file once they have been there 30 minutes.

the entires in the /etc/smtp_relay_allow file look like

203.43.239.203:1002980197

ie. I can use the utc value to clear them out.

I also use SMTP AUth using cram_md5 so it is encrypted on the wire. This is
something no other users use on any of the machines I have it set up on, I
want it so I dont have to do a pop request or anything else to get the relay
ip into the file.

        See You
            Steve

--