Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the firs…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steven Hanley
A: exim-users
Cc: Odhiambo Washington, baptista
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)
On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 09:12:05AM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> * Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@???> [20011012 21:33]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)'
> |     Hi.
> |     POPAuthd is a daemon that reads sucessfull POP logins and write a file
> | with those IPs that is read by host_accept_relay Exim's diretive.
> |     Thanks,        Paulo Henrique

> Well, if that is the case then you will have also another program running in daemon
> mode which monitors the the file being written to and if the file is changed, then
> give the Exim daemon a HUP.
> Painful, that process!

No, exim reads files such as this or the aliases file live each time it looks
at them. I have this sort of setup ona few hosts, all I did was add some code
to the pop daemon so that when there is a suuccessful authentication it writes
to a file in /etc, then in exim I have

host_accept_relay = "127.0.0.1:net-lsearch;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed:lsearch;/etc/smtp_relay_allowed"

in the exim.conf, at first I wrote the code so it tries to resolve addresses
so sometimes the file has names and sometimes ip's I now realsie this is more
effor than one needs to take, but I have not changed it.

The net-lsearch takes care of ip addresses, the plain lsearch of names.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh@??? http://wibble.net/~sjh