Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_reserve problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Pete Ashdown
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_reserve problem
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> The smtp_accept_reserve problem does work, but connections outside the
> smtp_reserve_hosts limit are met with a hung connection. No 421 rejection
> is given, and the remote host is not disconnected. This really only
> aggravates the problem.
>
> Exim 3.22.

It works fine for me. Exim 3.33 - but I don't think anything has changed
in this area for a long time. What I get on a telnet test is this:

Trying xxx.xxx.xx.xxx...
Connected to hhhhhh.hhh.hhh.hh.hh.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 hhhhhh.hhh.hhh.hh.hh: Too many concurrent SMTP connections; please try again later
Connection closed by foreign host.