Re: [Exim] Exim/Win32 FAQ

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Shearer
Aan: Dave C.
CC: Nigel Metheringham, exim-users

      :

      :

> Note to Tellurian: Keep in mind that while exim is "Free Software", it
> is still copyright (Phil Hazel, and possibly others), and the only thing

Please, gentlemen. I don't believe there was anything in my original
posting that suggested we were thinking of other than normal GPL-compliant
behaviour. And even if that was expressed badly, my followup was very
clear on that point. If you aren't sure of what rights you have to sell
binaries only of GPL'd, source-available software, please refer to the FSF
web site.

And I must say, I don't think any of the GPL-avoidance schemes proposed on
the list or to me in private have much merit. The GPL works well in many
situations just as it is, and I feel that this is certainly one of them.
(And in any case, getting around the GPL for any major project is usually
very difficult if not impossible.)

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager