[Exim] Magistr variant? Something now twiddling *first* cha…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John W Baxter
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Magistr variant? Something now twiddling *first* character of MAIL FROM: local part
In the past, I learned here that a one-character advance of the second
character of the local part of the MAIL FROM: address is a signature of
Magistr. (eg, jwblist becomes jxblist)

This morning (for the first time), I see frozen bounce messages with the
*first* character of the local part advanced (eg, jwblist becomes kwblist).
The same local part was also twiddled in the second character in one
message (three of the kwblist sort, one of the jxblist sort).

[I'm using my local part as an example, for privacy reasons.]

Is this a new thing that I should have become aware of by assiduously
following security notices?

Does anyone here have experience with this one?

Thanks.  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA