Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the firs…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Odhiambo Washington
Aan: exim-users
CC: baptista
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)
* Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@???> [20011012 19:10]: writing on the subject '[Exim] Exim with POPauthd and SMTP AUTH (who is the first?)'
|     Hi all,
|     I have setup POPauthd with Exim (relay after pop login) and SMTP AUTH
| but Exim seems to not auth without POP first (POPauthd).
|     What I want is to give priority to SMTP AUTH, ie, the user doesnt
| necessarilly to auth with pop first.
|     What can be done?
|     TIA,        Paulo Henrique

Exim is not a POP3 daemon and I am not sure how you can hook a POP3 daemon to it.
I know a popular Winblows based POP3/SMTP daemon called Mdaemon from www.mdaemon.com
which has those functionalities.
IMHO, Exim knows nothing about POP, but I can be disproved.
The spec.txt talks only about ASMTP.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

"Avoid revolution or expect to get shot.  Mother and I will grieve, but
we will gladly buy a dinner for the National Guardsman who shot you."
        -- Dr. Paul Williamson, father of a Kent State student