Re: [Exim] root's .procmailrc

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
Para: exim-users
CC: jkezar, ccurtis
Asunto: Re: [Exim] root's .procmailrc
* Christopher Curtis <ccurtis@???> [20011012 20:13]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] root's .procmailrc'
| On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Joseph Kezar wrote:
|
| > I did what you suggested.  It did attempt to read the .procmailrc in /root
| > Now it quickly responds with this message.
| > root@???
| >     Child process of procmail_pipe transport returned 77 (could mean permission denied) from command:
| >     /usr/bin/procmail
| >
| > Am I missing something in my transport?  Is there a magical security setting to not allow incoming "root"
| > emails?
|
| Nope - it says permission denied.
|
| chgrp eximgroup /root/.procmailrc && chmod g+r /root/.procmailrc
|
| Chris
|

| --

It's better to invoke procmail via a .forward than via Exim's directors.

I use this director immediately before the localuser director(which matches local user mailboxes):

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
# filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
match_directory = !^/nonexistent

In that case the .forward file can contain this line:

"|/path/to/procmail"

Procmail will in this instance 'read' the .procmailrc of the user invoking it.

Else, this .forward can also START with a line that says

# Exim Filter

and server as a personal version of the system filter....

I hope it's not good to mess up the permissions on /root because for me

1. I have some valuable stuff in there,
2. Root's mail is normally supposed to be aliased to the System Manager (at
least that is what we do in BSD world),

3. I hope we're all in agreement, yes?

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

"I am ready to meet my Maker.  Whether my Maker is prepared for the
great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
        -- Winston Churchill