Re: [Exim] Running Commands

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: Joseph Kezar
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Running Commands
On 11 October 2001, Joseph Kezar said:
> I am going to take the /etc/exim/vacation approach. And
> /etc/exim/vacation is going to be read/write to all users.

That sounds dangerous. What's to stop jane for scribbling on john's
vacation message? Do you want people to be able to update their
vacation message from a login shell? That's the only reason I can see
for making that directory world-writable. If you only want users to go
through your CGI script, there's no need for it.

> How do I right a global filter that says if
> /etc/exim/vacation/$local_part exists than send an autoreply
> containing the contents of /etc/exim/vacation/$local_part?

It sounds like you've at least looked in the manual -- good start. Have
you tried writing a system filter? You'll get much more useful help if
you explain what you tried, what you expected to happen, what actually
happened, what precisely is confusing you, etc.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???