Re: [Exim] Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing mail delivery?
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:58:47 +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick
<exim@???> wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 01:52:04PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> So, if the address times out from my cache, I have a 50 % chance of
>> getting 192.168.0.1 as an MX address which also happens to be the
>> address on one of the interfaces of my exim host (I didn't choose the
>> IP address range at that site). Hence, exim freezes the e-mail with
>> "lowest priority MX points to local host".
>
>Of course, if you had read RFC1918,

I _have_ read RFC1918, and if _you_ had read my mail which you even
quoted, you'd have learnt that _I_ didn't pick the stupid IP range
192.168.0.0/24 for the site in question. Hey, the customer is lucky
that their clueless admin didn't choose some random subnet allocated
to somebody else.

Anyway, the question still holds: How does ignore_target_host handle
cases where an MX record points to a name with multiple A records, of
which only one is broken.

You're lucky that I didn't come up with some better flame, but your
smart-ass reply has gotten me on one of these days where one should
have stayed in bed.

Greetings
Marc