[Exim] Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing mai…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing mail delivery?
Hi,

I am trying to deliver E-Mail to sankwang.com.tw. They have a broken
MX setup, and won't respond to E-Mail. Maybe they don't speak any
English.

|;; ANSWER SECTION:
|sankwang.com.tw.        1H IN MX        10 ms1.sankwang.com.tw.
|
|;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
|ms1.sankwang.com.tw.    1H IN A         211.75.132.66
|ms1.sankwang.com.tw.    1H IN A         192.168.0.1

So, if the address times out from my cache, I have a 50 % chance of
getting 192.168.0.1 as an MX address which also happens to be the
address on one of the interfaces of my exim host (I didn't choose the
IP address range at that site). Hence, exim freezes the e-mail with
"lowest priority MX points to local host".

I have solved this annoyance by adding a hard route (hubbed_hosts
according to FAQ Q0301) pointing to the valid IP, knowing that this
will break if sankwang changes their MX to a different IP some other
time.

How does the ignore_target_host option behave in this case? If I set
ignore_target_host on my lookuphost router, will exim send to
211.75.132.66 after ignoring 192.168.0.1, or will it bounce the e-mail
if it gets hold of 192.168.0.1?

Greetings
Marc