Re: [Exim] Slow connection to Exim.

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Slow connection to Exim.
On 10 October 2001, Jason C. Leach said:
> I'm getting some pretty slow connections/sending to Exim. It connects,
> says hello and does all the initial communication, but the body or data
> takes forever. Even if its just the word 'hello'. Does anyone know what
> would cause Exim to react like this. As far as I know it should just
> grab the data, pool it and sort out any DNS or lookup details later.

Is this with a manual ("telnet localhost 25") connection, or an
automated connection by another MTA or MUA? If automated, what software
is on the other end? Is the Exim in question a server or client? Does
this happen with *all* clients (servers), or only some?

What is the nature of the network link between the two hosts?

Have you tried using packet tracing software like tcpdump or ethereal to
watch the connection? (I highly recommend ethereal -- it's one of the
neatest toys I've seen in a long time.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???