[Exim] documentation for exim4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] documentation for exim4
Philip,

There is a distinction between director/router (exim 3 terminology) options which
it might be helpful to make when doing the Exim4 documentation. At least, this
is the way it seems to me!

Some options determine whether the driver is called - like "condition" and
"domains". If such an option is not satisfied the driver is not called and
control passes to the next director/router. Other options are (my terminology)
parameters which effect the way the driver behaves if it is called. Once called,
options may cause the driver to "decline", or "accept" an address. I'm still not
sure if "declining" is the same as "failing" an address, this bit being important
in working out what will happen if "no_more" is set.

Please don't take this as a criticism of the current documentation. It is far
superior to that of any other package I have worked with.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter