[Exim] Need help in slight tweak of Virtual Domains.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason A . Dour
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Need help in slight tweak of Virtual Domains.
Hello all,

I've done my best given my resources. I've read, reread, and
rereread the specs, FAQs, and example configs. I'm 99.9% complete
with my virtual domain config, and I've been operating with this
config for some time...but I'm trying to clean up one last problem.

Here's the basics

    /net/exim/domains/DOMAINS
        lsearch flatfile containing domain names and the
        respective file that houses their aliases

    /net/exim/domains/GLOBAL
        lsearch flatfile containing global aliases that
        short-circuit domain-level aliases.  postmaster,
        root, abuse, et cetera go in here.

    /net/exim/domains/domain1.com
    /net/exim/domains/domain2.net
    /net/exim/domains/domain3.org
        lsearch flatfiles containing individual aliases for
        the various domains.  oftentimes, one local user has
        accounts in each vdom, leading to prefixed domain
        hints: joe@??? -> blow-joe

Then I have the following directors:

#
# Handle all system-wide and virtual-domain-wide aliases. (root,
# abuse, etc)
system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /net/exim/domains/GLOBAL
include_domain = false
search_type = lsearch
suffix = +*
suffix_optional = true
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
new_director = userforward
no_verify
no_expn

#
# Handle all other virtual-domain mail.
virtual:
domains = partial-lsearch;/net/exim/domains/DOMAINS
driver = aliasfile
file = /net/exim/domains/$domain_data
include_domain = false
search_type = lsearch*
suffix = +*
suffix_optional = true
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
new_director = userforward
check_ancestor
no_more
no_verify
no_expn

#
# Handle local deliveries with forward files.
userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .exim
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
prefix = *-
prefix_optional = true
suffix = +*
suffix_optional = true
filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply

And this works like gang-busters for me... All GLOBALS
short-circuit domain level, and the domains map by prefixing a
domain hint to a local user.

    joe@???        ->    blow-joe
    kirk@???    ->     enter-joe
    joe@???        ->    smock-joe

My problem enters when I try to implement suffixes. I would like to
have the suffixes fall-through the directors and thus fall-through
the lookups. For example, right now:

    joe+argument@???    ->    blow-joe

when ultimately, I'd like to have it be:

    joe+argument@???    ->    blow-joe+argument

so that when it reaches the forwardfile director, the forwardfile
gets "blow-" and "+argument" as prefix and suffix respectively, so
joe can both sort by domain hint as well as argument.

Is this at all possible? Or do I need to re-engineer my design?
I'm not against re-engineering...I just would like to get it all
working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jason
# "Jason A. Dour" <jason@???>                  http://dour.org/
# Founder / Executive Producer - PJ Harvey Online - http://pjh.org/