[Exim] Exim 4 proposal and chains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Crowley
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Exim 4 proposal and chains
Forgive me if this has already been done to death. The abolition of
the distinction between routers and directors in Exim 4 seems like the
Right Thing, but I'd like to propose an enhancement that would help
replace those concepts.

I've often wished Exim supported the creation of arbitrary "chains" of
routers, the way the "ipchains" Linux firewalls of the 2.2 era allows
chains of firewall rules. You could add a special router that
directed a message to a router chain. Then you could have a single
rule at the start of your "entry chain" which checked the domain of a
message against local_domains, and sent it off to an appropriate chain
if so. This makes it very straightforward to replicate the behaviour
of Exim 3 in a flexible way that adds a great deal of power to message
handling.

Am I making any sense? Is it too late to propose a change of this
magnitude?

cheers,
--
__ Paul Crowley