Re: [Exim] two questions

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Cherubini Enrico
Para: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] two questions
Ciao,
Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:28:24AM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> | 1) all mails that are sent to user@domain have to go
> |    a) to an inbox called, ie, user.do (then via pop3/imap users give user.do
> |       as login)

> If you're running Linux, then just create user user.do and in the aliases file you put

yes, I'm using linux and I modified the adduser script to avoid
restrictions..

> user:        user.do

this is not exactly what I meant, or maybe yes :) in your sample there is
not differences between various domain, i.e. the user info...is it correct
the syntax:
info@domain1:    info.do1
info@domain2:    info.do2

I here your response "try it" :) but...wha if it doesn't work ? :)

> |    or
> |    b) to an inbox called user@domain

> your inbox name has the '@' in it? I'm not sure how to do that because @ should
> not be a valid char in a filename, no?

yes, the @, in my linux box, is a valid char for username, the problem is
that exim thinks that the part after @ is the domain :) I tried to change
the way it save the file in the mailbox..I'll try again...

> But if you want to forward to another address, then in the same alias file, do:
>
> user:        user@domain

no, this is not what I meant...the problem is, basically, to have many user
with the same local part in the address...

--

Bye
                            +--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
                            | Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
                            +--------+          I found it in linux.......

``I think he has a Napoleonic concept of himself and his company, an arrogance
    that derives from power and unalloyed success, with no leavening hard
 experience, no reverses,'' Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson says of Bill Gates.