[Exim] Exim configuration question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Exim configuration question
Hi,

I would like some help configuring Exim (3.20) to reject messages sent
addressed to me at my Demon ISP domain, as I now get my mail using
fetchmail or (when I'm online) direct through an MX record in my own
domain's DNS record. Sadly, the spammers keep sending mail to my old Demon
account, and I'd like to reject it all.

As far as I know, nobody I want messages from is still using my old domain,
but I used it for a long time and I'd like to provide a way for someone who
looks at the rejection message to work out what happened. Just to make it
difficult, I don't want to refuse messages to postmaster at the Demon
domain, as these are mostly from Demon themselves and Demon are still my
ISP. It would also be nice if Exim could log the sender addresses for the
rejected messages.

So, I think the algorithm I would like is:

For each incoming SMTP message:
     if recipient domain is <demon domain> and recipient local part is not
"postmaster"
         reject message at RCPT TO stage with error "This domain no longer
accepts personal mail. Contact post master for details."
         log sender address to file
     else if recipient domain is "ivimey.org" or "localhost" or <demon domain>
         if local part is a local user
             smtp forward message to mail host
         else
             reject message with error unknown user
         endif
     else
         reject message with error relaying denied
     endif
end

I have a gateway machine running Exim that accepts outgoing mail from my
main computers and forwards valid incoming mail to my main mail
host, which is also running Exim and delivers the mail to a Cyrus IMAPd
server. The gateway machine uses ppp dialup to get to the net, and from the
outside seems to be in the Demon domain. Internally, the gateway also has
an Ethernet interface.

On a slightly different topic, but again with a view to reducing spam, is
there a way to reject messages on sender address (as for "sender_reject")
but using a textual pattern match on the address, not an IP lookup as seems
to happen now?

Thanks for any help,

Ruth