Re: [Exim] two questions

Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: exim
CC: kevin
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] two questions
* Cherubini Enrico <kevin@???> [20011009 02:43]: writing on the subject '[Exim] two questions'
| Hi there,
| I'm installing exim on a fresh box, I ever used sendmail for the other
| mailserver, but I want to switch to exim for the new one. I need 2 things
| that I'm able to do with sendmail:
| 1) all mails that are sent to user@domain have to go
|    a) to an inbox called, ie, user.do (then via pop3/imap users give user.do
|       as login)

If you're running Linux, then just create user user.do and in the aliases file you put

user:        user.do

FreeBSD that I use has issues with names that have dots (.) in them but it is workable.
In your case the solution is basically in the aliases file.

|    or
|    b) to an inbox called user@domain

your inbox name has the '@' in it? I'm not sure how to do that because @ should
not be a valid char in a filename, no?

But if you want to forward to another address, then in the same alias file, do:

user:        user@domain

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Men have a much better time of it than women; for one thing, they marry later;
for another thing they die earlier.
-H. L. Mencken
(contributed by Chris Johnston)