Re: [Exim] PHP4 and Errors-To

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] PHP4 and Errors-To
On 5 Oct 2001, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 14:32, V. T. Mueller wrote:
> > I'm facing a very annoying problem with exim 3.33 and Apache/PHP4.04pl1:
> > Apache runs as user httpd and therefore, for mails created by PHP the
> > sender's UID is httpd. From/Reply-To/Errors-To headers are set to a
> > seperate address. Unfortunately, every error mail "Mail delivery failed:
> > returning message to sender" gets back to httpd instead of the user
> > specified in the header. What am I missing here?

> envelope sender of the message. This is done using the -f switch if you
> are using command line invocation (you also need to be in the
> trusted_users list for this to work), or alternatively (and probably
> better) it can be set in the MAIL FROM: stanza of an SMTP transaction.

Hm, I tried it from the commandline - which works as expected. When I do
it from PHP, however, exim sets the return-path to the local user instead
of the address specified as "from:" address . From rtfm I understand I
could unset return_path_remove and specify a 'correct' return path from
PHP.

I doubt that this would help more than screw (other) things up, though.

Any ideas?

Volker

--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"