Re: [Exim] CRAM-MD5 TLS painfully generated sample conf fil…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Karl Schmidt
CC: Exim (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] CRAM-MD5 TLS painfully generated sample conf file
On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> * The standard exim.conf file is missing the "end" statement in the
> "Authentication Configuration" section

That's true, but it is assumed at end of file.

> * auth_hosts and authenticate_hosts seem to be two different statements.
> authenticate_hosts seems to need to be in the SMTP section for clients -
> auth_hosts returns an error. ???

This is all in the documentation.

1. auth_hosts is a main option which is relevent when Exim is a server.

2. authenticate_hosts is an option of the smtp transport, which is
relevant when Exim is a client.

So you need to set whichever one (or both) that is relevant to what you
are doing with Exim.

However, I can see that this is confusing because of the different
names. I should probably make them the same in Exim 4, and "auth_hosts"
seems like the better choice.