RE: [Exim] Ip address list 2 cdb

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Karl Schmidt
CC: 'Marc MERLIN', Exim (E-mail)
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Ip address list 2 cdb
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> I think we are still missing each other - I'm want to go from an IP address
> list not an alias list to a CDB.

From section 7.13, "Host lists":

. If the item is of the form

       net-<search-type>;<search-data>

     then the text form of the IP address of the subject host is used unmasked
     as the lookup key. This is not the same as specifying "net32" for an IPv4
     address or "net128" for an IPv6 address, because the mask value is not
     included in the key. However, IPv6 addresses are still converted to an
     unabbreviated form, using lower case letters and full stops as
     separators.

So if you've got a CDB file whose keys are IP addresses, as strings, you
can access it by (for example)

host_reject_recipients = net-cdb;/the/cdb/file