Re: [Exim] "Scanmail" -- stupid filtering, with Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Link
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] "Scanmail" -- stupid filtering, with Exim
Hi!

[ Thanks Phil for notifying me. I read exim-users if my spare free time
allows me this via my University account :) ]

> I just looked more closely at this message. They're using Exim, but
> with some external "scanmail" stuff; there's a received protocol of

Well, the script within AMaViS 0.1.x / 0.2.x was actually called
"scanmails". But I'm not sure, if this already points to AMaViS.
(well, btw, ScanMail is a registered trademark of Trend Micro)

> "scanned-ok" in there, so I'm assuming that whoever is responsible for

AMaViS uses "scanned-ok", yes. But this method was described in the exim
FAQ and the example configs, and the concept itself was invented by Marc
Haber (that's why Phil and Marc are listed in the credit section of
README.exim). In short, using "scanned-ok" does not mean it's (always)
based on AMaViS.

IIRC the script Marc uses was called "scanmail", see
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-19980518/007585.html

> The "bounce" wasn't a bounce. It's my original message, modified to
> include some extra content at the start, changing the envelope
> recipient (but not sender) so that it comes back to me. Interesting
> effect when combined with cryptographic sigs. ;^)

Just as a side note: AMaViS never and will never change the content of a
message (except for an additional entry in the msg header, but this can
be disabled). At least as long Lars and /me are the maintainer of
AMaViS. :-)

best regards,
Rainer Link

--
Rainer Link  | Student of Computer Networking
link@??? | University of Applied Sciences, Furtwangen, Germany