Re: [Exim] 1000 bcc email slow - why?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tabor J. Wells
Aan: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] 1000 bcc email slow - why?
On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:20:18PM -0700,
Marc Perkel <marc@???> is thought to have said:

> One of my users is sending email with 1000 bcc: recipients. This user has no command line access. His messages
> take over and hour to start. It seems as if it's waiting to do something (DNS?) before sending. Whatever it's
> doing - I want to turn it off.

If you turned off DNS lookups, how do you propose that the message be
sent to it's recipients?

Read section 3.5 of the spec to understand how Exim handles delivery of
mail.

You've probably got one or more addresses in the recipient list that have
broken DNS configurations that are taking extremely long times to resolve
or fail, or you've got a problem with your own DNS server(s) and are
seeing delays as your system falls back to the next nameserver in
resolv.conf

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality