Re: [Exim] Pipe command.

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Pipe command.
On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:49:04PM +0100, Jorge Oliveira wrote:
> Let me clear things up:
> 1. the script is executed...

OK

> 2. no error occurs...

OK

> 3. i just want to parse the message content to the script... Am I doing it
> right? It's all about just add an "expand = true" in aliasfile options? If
> so, what's the file?

Huh? The first two would indicated that your script should be being passed
the input: ie, for a message that I've made up:

| From mbm@??? Wed Oct 03 23:07:33
| From: Matthew Byng-Maddick <mbm@???>
| To: Undisclosed Recipients :;
| Subject: testing

| this is our test message.

If the script is getting executed, this is what it will be passed. It is
up to you to parse it, and extract the information you need from it.

expand=true will allow you to put the "$header_from" and other parts in the
aliasfile command.

> Sorry for this basic(?) questions but I'm just a web developer and exim is
> provided by my host, so I need all details to be able to explain them what
> to do...

Perhaps you need to understand what you want to do first?

MBM