(SOLVED) Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Sam Michaels
To: exim-users
題目: (SOLVED) Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems
Philip and I passed around long and verbose debug messages off the list and finally found the problem...just for the list's sake and archive's sake, I figured I'd post the solution.

After running strace on the child exim process that actually processes the message, we saw there were attempts to access /var/tmp which had the incorrect permissions (no write permission). This is probably a DB thing, so naturally Exim wouldn't report these errors. Fixed the error by making /var/tmp world writable like a temp dir should be.

And all this time I thought it was in a totally different directory...wild goose chase? strace can be your friend :)

-Sam