Re: [Exim] LDAP Optimisation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP Optimisation
> I am using LDAP extensively in my configuration, and it works
> beautifully, but as can be expected it does not scale terribly well.

Actually, you can expect it to scale at least to a couple million
accounts, if you run LDAP replica servers on different hosts. By putting
them in a DNS RR set, you can increase LDAP access performance as
you like. I run three replicas, although two would suffice, but I want
things to run quick even at peak times.

What I would really like is an easy way to retrieve all attributes of
an object _once_ and then answer queries for single attributes from
that cached object. We'll see what Exim 4 offers in that area, but it is
not badly required for using LDAP.

Michael