Re: [Exim] Exim Quick Install problems still...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: exim-users
Cc: seberino
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim Quick Install problems still...
* Chris Seberino <seberino@???> [20011002 05:35]: writing on the subject '[Exim] Exim Quick Install problems still...'
| Phil & Pat
|
| Please help me with further HOWTO experiment bugs
| if you don't mind...
|
| I was trying to figure out minimum necessary
| work to install Exim and ran into some problems
| that should not have happened...
|
| Problem #1:
| Logs on isolated LAN tell me problems with
| "resolving". I didn't configure Linux PC for DNS
| but all is in /etc/hosts. I even
| tried to mail to a straight IP address.
| Everything gave back messages
| saying "cannot be resolved at this time".
| Any ideas??
| Maybe DNS server necessary for Exim????
| Why mailing to someone@123.456.789.123 bad?
| This should not need DNS!!

First test like this:

exim -bt someone@123.456.789.123 to see how that would be routed.

For a thorough test,

exim -d9 someone@123.456.789.123

[You have to do that as root user]

| Problem #2
| I can't email to my DHCP machine at home.
| I don't know if ISP has some firewall
| or the problem is with Exim config.
| When I to to email to root@204.210.48.66
| I get "refused relay (host) to <root@204.210.48.66> from ...".
| When I try root@???
| I get NO messages as if email never made it to
| my machine!
|
| Here is ALL I did.  This should work!?!?!?
|
| 1. make ; make install after making Local/Makefile
|    that a)defined SPOOL_DIRECTORY
|         b)commented out "EXIM_MONITOR=eximon.bin"
|         c)specified new EXIM_UID/GID created
|
| 2. Created /etc/aliases file
|
| 3. Ran exim daemon with -bd -q15m switches.
|

| Here are the basic sanity checks you suggest...
| (Notice straight IP address emailing does not work.)
|
| [seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV
| Exim version 3.32 #1 built 28-Sep-2001 00:36:38
| Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2001

Okay.

| [seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -v -bt root@???
| root@???
| deliver to root in domain dt092n42.san.rr.com
| director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

So this gets delivered, huh. Look at the file called /var/mail/root but if you have aliased root, then
look at the file /var/mail/root_alias_name

| [seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -v -bt root@204.210.48.66
| root@204.210.48.66 is undeliverable:
| unrouteable mail domain "204.210.48.66"

Let's see the Exim configure file - it's in /usr/local/etc/exim/ - assuming that you run FreeBSD.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

The best helping hand that you will ever receive is the one at the end of your
own arm.
-Fred Dehner