[Exim] Re: Exim not showing Auth?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Dan Egli
CC: Exim Users
Oude Onderwerpen: [Exim] Update on no-Auth present in Exim
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: Exim not showing Auth?
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Dan Egli wrote:

> I've got Exim seup to accept smtp connections after auth on certain IPs
> (i.e. external IPs I commonly connect from). However, for some reasons, when
> exim answers and gives it's esmtp responce, the AUTH command is not in them.

> Ok. I started hacking the exim code (FYI this is Exim 3.31). I have
> discovered that the array/pointer/link list/whatever you want to call it,
> "auths" is not being defined.

That variable contains the list of authenticators you have put in your
Exim configuration. If it is empty, it means you haven't defined any
authenticators. Check by running

exim -bP authenticators

If you don't define any authenticators, Exim knows it can't process
AUTH, so it doesn't advertise it. Simple, really.