Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: exim-users
Cc: swampgas
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic problems
* Sam Michaels <swampgas@???> [20011002 06:51]: writing on the subject '[Exim] Heavy traffic problems'
| I had asked this before and tried the suggestions, but I'm still getting the
| same problems...maybe there's something else I can do (other than run it
| with full debugging, run out of harddrive space, cause a kernel panic, and
| destroy the machine).
|
| This machine's primary use is to handle the mailing list for my site...we
| send out a little over 700 emails nightly. It used to stream them all at
| once, but that caused problems, so now it streams 100 at a time, disconnects
| and waits 2 minutes, then streams another 100, etc....Seems to work.
|
| I keep getting these in the logs:
| 2001-10-01 23:05:28 15jBYm-0008Nd-00 failed to open DB file
| /var/spool/exim/db/retry: Permission denied (euid=80 egid=80)
|
| To solve it, I even made the entire directory tree and the file "retry"
| itself mode 777...still no luck. The exim binary is set +s...so it can't be
| that. To make matters worse, all the files in the 'db' dir are 0 bytes and
| the last modification date was June 1st of this year....the day I was
| instructed to delete them and let Exim remake them.

What UID:GID does your MTA (Exim) run as? You can find that out by
. create in /etc/aliases such entry:
        mtaid:  "|tee /tmp/mtaid.tst"
 . mail message to mtaid
 . check owner/group of resulted /tmp/mtaid.tst and chown main Exim's
   directory to this owner/group

In my setting, the /var/spool/exim is owned by exim:mail
Once you've found our what the uid:gid for Exim is, do

1. Stop Exim.
2. chown -R uid:gid /var/spool/exim

. delete 'mtaid' alias from /etc/aliases

You don't have to change the perms to 777...it's bad for comfortable living.
I am not the expert here but once you've done that, please post any further errors.
In most instances, the file called paniclog in Exim's log directory always has info
about problems Exim is experiencing.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Too many books you can tell by the cover.
-Peers's Possibiilty