Re: [Exim] Re: What's new in Exim 4?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: Marc Perkel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: What's new in Exim 4?
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Marc Perkel wrote:

> I don't know if this made your list of features but if you look at my
> virtual domain example I use alternate passwd and shadow files for
> individual domains. If you had a feature like "passwd_file = path" and
> accessed that file to verify that a local user exists, read the users UID
> number and the users $home directory, it would save a LOT of code and make
> Exim a good email server for virtual domains.

To me that doesn't make sense. I know the definition of "virtual domains"
is vague, but usually this (in regards to email) implies that users don't
have their own U(nique)ID and do not have a home directory.

> I think virtual domain support is VERY important and that Exim would stand
> out if it had more built in support. It would also cut down on the number
> of questions people ask about how to do the things I managed to do, and
> with a LOT of help. The ability to set and alternate path to the passwd
> file would be a big step forward and I think it would be easy to code.

It already easily does this. I learned how from the FAQ.

But, I do not use different UIDs/GIDs for different groups of "virtual"
email accounts; I guess I am interested in using a different UID (and/or
GID) for each realm (virtual domain).

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w