Re: [Exim] New Configuration

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeremy C. Reed
Aan: Stephen Malenshek
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] New Configuration
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Stephen Malenshek wrote:

> I have the smtp server running, but I can seem to figure out how to force
> everything to be sent to the exim server to running exiscan to be delivered

If you want to force everyting from one exim server to trhe other exim
server, maybe one of these can help:
Exim FAQ Q0323
Q0601 (but I am not sure)
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010924/030638.html

> from there. When I test the server running exiscan by sending mail directly
> to it, on one occasion it will receive it immediately, and on the next
> occasion the connection will timeout and there will be nothing in the logs
> regarding a failure or timeout of any sort. I have tested it on multiple
> occasions with and without the virus scanning, and the server operates the
> same way. The exiscan virus scanning module is operating as it should, and
> I am sure that it is just a setting off somewhere in the configuration file.

We can't guess. Maybe you can enable some extra debugging (-d9).

> In the past, I have successfully configured a single server where everything
> is done on a single machines, and it operates flawlessly, but with this
> being a little more complex, it is not cooperating as I would like. If

It seems like one machine is the way to go. (Unless you use some shared
drive.)

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w