[Exim] Exim Quick Install problems still...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chris Seberino
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Patrick Kirk
Υ/ο: ph10, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Exim Quick Install problems still...
Phil & Pat

Please help me with further HOWTO experiment bugs
if you don't mind...

I was trying to figure out minimum necessary
work to install Exim and ran into some problems
that should not have happened...

Problem #1:
Logs on isolated LAN tell me problems with
"resolving". I didn't configure Linux PC for DNS
but all is in /etc/hosts. I even
tried to mail to a straight IP address.
Everything gave back messages
saying "cannot be resolved at this time".
Any ideas??
Maybe DNS server necessary for Exim????
Why mailing to someone@123.456.789.123 bad?
This should not need DNS!!

Problem #2
I can't email to my DHCP machine at home.
I don't know if ISP has some firewall
or the problem is with Exim config.
When I to to email to root@204.210.48.66
I get "refused relay (host) to <root@204.210.48.66> from ...".
When I try root@???
I get NO messages as if email never made it to
my machine!

Here is ALL I did. This should work!?!?!?

1. make ; make install after making Local/Makefile
   that a)defined SPOOL_DIRECTORY
        b)commented out "EXIM_MONITOR=eximon.bin"
        c)specified new EXIM_UID/GID created

2. Created /etc/aliases file

3. Ran exim daemon with -bd -q15m switches.

Here are the basic sanity checks you suggest...
(Notice straight IP address emailing does not work.)

[seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV
Exim version 3.32 #1 built 28-Sep-2001 00:36:38
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2001

[seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -v -bt root@???
root@???
deliver to root in domain dt092n42.san.rr.com
director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

[seberino root /var/spool/exim/log] % /usr/exim/bin/exim -v -bt root@204.210.48.66
root@204.210.48.66 is undeliverable:
unrouteable mail domain "204.210.48.66"

Please help.