[Exim] Re: What's new in Exim 4?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Perkel
Aan: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: What's new in Exim 4?
I don't know if this made your list of features but if you look at my
virtual domain example I use alternate passwd and shadow files for
individual domains. If you had a feature like "passwd_file = path" and
accessed that file to verify that a local user exists, read the users UID
number and the users $home directory, it would save a LOT of code and make
Exim a good email server for virtual domains.

I think virtual domain support is VERY important and that Exim would stand
out if it had more built in support. It would also cut down on the number
of questions people ask about how to do the things I managed to do, and
with a LOT of help. The ability to set and alternate path to the passwd
file would be a big step forward and I think it would be easy to code.