著者: Dan Lowe
To: michael
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Re: Has orbs gone crazy?
Previously, michael@??? said:

> I am currently looking for new DNS-based RBLs that allow to make zone
> transfers. I have no problem with signing that I don't distribute the
> zone further. Any experience?

FWIW, you can slave ORBZ but not directly. You have to use this wrapper
that they have on their site:

    http://www.orbz.org/secondary.php

It claims to be only available for Linux, but a co-worker examined their
package and found it's just bernstein's DNS tools with a PHP wrapper. So
one could reconstruct it for any OS. You need to obtain a password from
ORBZ to use this tool to fetch the data via HTTP GET with the PHP script.

ORBL/ORDB do not permit slaving; their reasoning is that if you can slave
the zone, so can a spammer, and they don't want to do that. I don't know
if I agree or disagree with their logic, but there it is.

-d

--
the world is headed for mutiny
when all we want is unity