[Exim] Re: Virtual Domains done right - linixconf compatible

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Re: Virtual Domains done right - linixconf compatible
+++ Marc Perkel [exim-users] <01/10/01 07:49 -0700>:
> I noticed that there are other people like me who are migrating to Exim
> from the Sendmail/linuxconf environment. For those of you not familiar with
> Linuxconf - it's a menu driven front end for Sendmail and lots
> of other setup files under Linux. They wrote some good enhancements for
> virtual email delivery.

You mean they wrote a broken config tool which produces open relays.

> Upon getting Exim - the docs really only tell you how to make virtual alias
> files, which is a big step down from what I needed and was useful.

Point is that delivery and after is the job of your LDA (local delivery
agent) and/or IMAP / POP daemon. OK, Exim can deliver to
/var/mail/$domain/$user for example, but it is the job of your IMAP server to
pick up mail from those places.

> In particular --- if Exim allowed you to define the location of alternate
> passwd and shadow files for the virtual domains, that would be a BIG help.

It does ... check out vmailmgr for example, along with courier imap.

    --suresh
- --
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org